• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mages dmg WFT?!?!?!?
Last night we start in this server as mages, geared up with novice armors/staffs ,leveled up to 60 asap and we went to PK. But we was amazed the dmg we do, it was so low that all 3 of us wasn't able to kill anyone 3vs1. Me as ice mage doing 65+73 with ice blade and 63+85 with charged blade. My friends fire mages was doing 60+200 with fire blade(strange one was full paper and other was int based still dmg the same). This dmg was done to rogue(can't remember his name) who maybe died of laughing to our attempt to kill him. When we try this at warrior it was worse. And this is without master, can't imagine what will happen when rogues get magic shield and all classes their reduce dmg skills and uniqes with resists. Dmg with other mages skills is same shit. Paper mage fire nova ova doing 500 dmg/int mage fire nova doing 400/int ice mage nova doing 400 too. Fire impact and pillar of fire are also a joke. Also fire spear dmg is higher than pillar of fire dmg.
Hello, Ice Slows, Lightning Stuns, Fire Kills. The damage is increased also by wearing highe elemental damage Rings, Weapons.  Fire suppose to deal more damage from start.
as we all saw today mage dammge are fine(flame dammge i mean .i didnt test light or ice yet)
today we did pk with 4 mages only and we still can kill malee
even if we die in 2 hit..but we still can kill
abut fire staff skill dammge i think its fine also since we are using wood staff
and dammge will be more better if we use woe/sn cuz the ap of wood are just 49
stop crying mage dmg is fine go use elemental damage stuff
dRed- explaining what different type of mages do is not serious. Haven't seen any new players in this game since forever and all are aware of what's what in this game.Using high element rings/staffs will impact AOE skill dmg and won't affect that much staff skill dmg(If your server is workin as intended on USKO).I'm not comparing the elements, all i said is that mage damage is too low(especially staff skill).It's not serious that 3 mages can't kill 1 consta slowed/stunned archer lower in level with no resist/master/uniques etc. 
DeadlySnake-Well we don't die in 2 hit(only our paper mage do) and if you think that 4 mages killing single melee is fine then pity you.Mages are squishy but hit hard(especially in the begining when all are close to noobs). We play battle mages since there were only Ares and Beramus in USKO and MP bonus on armors worked in PvP(good days but too unballanced).About staff we use the one given by noob quest, pretty good ap for staff and decent element on it. About WoE/SS well good staffs but too low on AP.
MrHolyShit-I'm not crying, i'm pointing a problem. If this server crew isn't messing up mage mechanics your high elemental staff is useless for battle mage since all high elementals are low on ap.
Staff AP>MP>Elemental dmg  for both 42 and 72 skills, and here those high AP/low elemental bufrost staffs shine Smile
dRed- explaining what different type of mages do is not serious. Haven't seen any new players in this game since forever and all are aware of what's what in this game.Using high element rings/staffs will impact AOE skill dmg and won't affect that much staff skill dmg

This is wrong because our server is one of the first who fixed elemental damage of staffs. YOur staff actually matters now, and more elemental damage there is more damage you will do. Same goes to Novas.
Ofc staff matters, same as elemental and MP points.And by "fixing" what do you mean?The more elemental you have the more your skills will hit? This is the case with aoe skills which rely heavy on elemental you got, but not to staff skills(42,72) where elemental is the last thing to looking for. If you do that "fix" for all mage skills what we gonna do with thoose endgame high ap/low elemental staffs(elysium\hell blood\garp), because thoose are the best battle mage staffs affecting most the staff skills.
I don't know, I seen a group of paper mages last night absolutely wreck a group of warriors/sins. Battle mages weren't even a serious thing until level 72 staff showed up. To try and justify that you should hit as if a battle mage existed pre lvl 72 is complete ignorance. I made a mage just to check it out on this server, and it absolutely destroys stuff. Hell, I've already seen paper mage AOE dark mare parties going on in CZ...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon